December 22nd, 2009

frazzled Snooch

goat politics and snow stress

Jared, Loki, and Sancho have been sharing the same area of stall, shade-cover, and 10 foot square area between the two since the snow started on Friday night. Jared has decided that he really doesn't want to share that much personal space with Loki, so Loki has been spending much of his time out in the cold and snow while Jared gets the barn to himself and maybe Sancho. Collapse )

Yes, tomorrow afternoon we are supposed to leave for California for Christmas with my family. Hence, I'm a little STRESSED at the moment. My house sitter does not have a vehicle that can make it up our hill to take care of the animals (her truck died) if the roads don't get cleared, and the weather report keeps wavering between rain and ice for Christmas Eve. So far, CK and I have managed the following solutions/possible solutions:

1) Joy-dog is now at a kennel for the first time in her life. It is costing us $34 a day for the privilege of not having to worry about her messing in the house, of freezing if she is outside and the power fails on her doghouse heater (if we do get ice on Christmas Eve), or whether she is getting her medications on time (she has an ear infection that requires 2x daily medication).

2) We can loan our truck to our house sitter. There is precedent. I've loaned my car to amazonmink for house sitting before. Of course, I like/know amazonmink much better than I do my housesitter, but I also like my animals and prefer that they get food, ya know? This only works if *we* have a way to get to the airport. As such, the decision on the loan should be made tonight so that we can get the truck wherever it needs to be either this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

3) Or, of course, we can cancel Christmas in CA and just stay here.